Update: Jun 1, 2021
Gatherings and Face Masks epidemic order, eliminating outdoor capacity limits and increasing indoor social gatherings, including weddings, conferences, and funerals, to 50% capacity.
July 1, all broad epidemic order will be lifted.
Read the new order at Michigan.gov
At The Hideaway, we want to express our sympathy to all the lives, workers, families, and businesses that have been affected by this pandemic. We want to thank all the front-line workers that have been putting their lives on the line every day. We appreciate everything that you have done!
Bois Blanc Island has a lot of outdoor social distancing activities that make our Hideaway a great getaway. Our island is known for its lakes, beaches, and hiking trails throughout the whole island. You might not even see anyone the whole day!
We take covid-19 very seriously, there have only been a few confirmed positive covid cases on the Bois Blanc Island and it is our job to keep it that way. We’re doing our part to make sure it’s safe for everyone including our guests, and our community. We are proud to say we put our guest’s safety first! We are following all of the covid-19 updates very closely.
We understand everyone has experienced the pandemic differently if it’s getting the virus, losing your job, or a loved one. We ask everyone to be courteous and follow our rules in place.
Here is what we’re doing to help keep everyone safe.
- We’ll be practicing social distancing at all times. Our staff will be wearing masks and remaining at least 6 feet apart at all times when possible.
- We will provide hand sanitizer in private and common areas.
- Food preparation and serving
- We are sanitizing before and immediately after each guest enjoys their meal.
- We are putting social distancing practices in place. Guests will be seated 6 feet apart unless a family connection or people is traveling together. We will offer many different options such as different seating times, meals served in your room, and different dining tables throughout the house.
The following will take place after every guest departs.
- We will thoroughly disinfectant each room this includes cleaning every surface possible, light switches, remotes, desks, pens, doorknobs, and any other frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected.
- All bedding will be washed includes bed linens including pillow covers.
- Replace every washcloth, every hand, and bath towel.
- Disinfect bathroom surfaces this includes bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets, and water faucets.
- Kitchen areas will be disinfected every time includes sanitizing all dishes, cups, glasses, and mugs. We ask our guests to help disinfect if using the kitchen areas.
- Clean and disinfect all common areas multiple times a day.
To our guests, we’re doing our part to make sure everyone is safe and we ask you to do the same!
Here are a couple of things you can do to help while staying at The Hideaway B&B.
- Wear a face mask that covers your mouth and nose in the designated areas
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain at least six feet distancing between you and other guests that are not in your group
- Avoid large gatherings if possible
- Stay home when you don’t feel well
If you like to learn more about how we created our methods or for more information regarding our Covid-19 precautions, visit:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
State of Michigan Updates on COVID-19 https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
Mackinac Straits Health System: Preparing For and Preventing Spread of COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility Guidelines
US Travel Association
Travel in the New Normal Guidelines.